Monday, January 23, 2017

Club Scrap January Kit Color Me Happy

Happy Monday Everyone,

Today I am showing you some cards I made using the Club Scrap Color Me Happy Kit. Be sure to grab yours before it's too late. This is a vibrant kit. Be sure to check out Club Scrap's blog as well for more inspiration using this kit.

Finished card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded

For this card I let the 8 1/2" x 11" patterned paper speak for itself. All I did was trim in half to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and then fold in half. I used the fabulous Metallic Craftwork Pen included in the kit to faux stitch all around the edges. I colored the Happy Birthday sentiment with the marker and then stamped it to the top corner. I have never used a metallic marker before with such ease. This is a must have!!!




While waiting for the Paper Kit I had made use of the Digital Kit. I love the details in the digital kit because I get to resize to what I need. The digital can be used in several ways. You can use a software such as Illustrator to combine all your elements or you can print the images directly on cardstock and use like a paper kit. I used the latter as I always do.

Finished card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded

I used plain cardstock for the base of my card. I cut it 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, then fold in half. Folded the card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Cut pattern design 4 x 5 1/4 and adhere to center front of card. I cut a strip boarder and adhered to right side of the card. I cut a plain piece of cardstock 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 and embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. I used the rectangle patterned piece with the word Happy and matted it with the embossed paper. I adhered to the center but to the right side of the card. With my Curvy Leaves Die from Elizabeth Craft Designs I diecut the leaves, adhered them to the bottom right edge of my matted sentiment and topped it off with a cherry blossom from I Am Roses. Now this card just screams Happy!



Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to come back on Jan.25 for Club Scrap's Blog Hop. I will be having a giveaway you don't want to miss.

1 comment:

  1. Both of your cards are beautiful. Gorgeous details on your second cards!

    ReplyDelete