Monday, April 25, 2016

April Challenge Blog Hop With Dahlia Kit By Club Scrap

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the April Challenge Hop hosted by Club Scrap showcasing the gorgeous Dahlia kit.  First things first.  If you came from Lisa's Blog you came from the right place.  If you didn't you can start at the beginning at the Club Scrap Blog.

This month's Challenge is handmade flowers and/or butterflies.  This was right up my alley because I've been in a flower/butterfly frenzy.  Trying out different techniques to create the most realistic flowers/butterflies.  The following are different ways to create them.  I hope you find them inspiring.

The 12x12 patterned paper from the Dahlia Kit matched perfectly with my photo.  I knew I wanted this to be the focal point for my page.  I used the ink splatter stamp from the Dahlia Club Stamp Kit and inked it with orange and purple.  I used sections of the cutapart paper.  For this page I used patterned paper to create my butterflies. The flowers are created with the plain white cardstock.  I inked each one and used the embossing tools to shape the flowers.  The flowers on the bottom are crumbled while wet and then opened to create a realistic flower.  I added a few leaves here and there.


For this card I decided to use the flower on the patterned paper to create a unique flower.  I used an exacto knife to cut sections of the petals and shaped them. I added some leaves once again with the white cardstock and inked it green.  I used the twine that came with the kit.  My butterflies were cut and inked to blend with the paper splatter color and I used metal wire to create the antennas.  I used the colored cardstock to create a frame.


Here are some close ups of the flower



For my tag I used some scrap left over from the patterned paper and used the multi colored ribbon.  The butterfly is a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs which has a plain outline and then a pattern.  I layered the pieces for a dimentional butterfly.  I added some handmade layered flowers and added some swirls.  In the upcoming days I will be posting flower tutorials.


A close up of the flowers and butterfly


For my last card I made a one layer flower and used the felt button for my center and the yarn from the kit.  I placed it on the ribbon and used one of the sentiment from the 12x12 pink paper.  I used a scrap of the patterned paper and inked it with a stencil.  


Thank you for stopping by.  It's now time for you to head on over to Anne Marie's blog.  Enjoy the rest of the blog hop.

17 comments:

  1. Wow everything is so pretty - really love the little trick with cutting the flower petals from the pattern paper. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing projects!! You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful!! Love your work Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects match the background on your blog! What a great idea to cut the petals on the background paper for dimension. Terrific ideas here! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding cards and pages here, Tina! I love the petals lifted up on the bday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so pretty, Tina. I love the bright colors of this kit.
    So many wonderful details on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Tina and I too like the idea of the lifted petals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all just so pretty! I especially like how the photo on your layout almost looks like it's PART OF the printed paper. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that tag is amazing!! Perfect collection for that pic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love how you cut the flower from the paper and lifted it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TINA! (Yes, sorry, when I get excited I yell!)So awesome! Just love your flower technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Breathtaking collection of flowers! Take me away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects!!! Love them all!
    Lilian DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually had to look at your layout twice. The photo blends into the paper amazingly well! Your attention to flower detail is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete