Today is the Elizabeth Craft Designs Coloring Challenge. The challenge this month is Inside and Out. This was a great challenge for me since I often don't decorate the inside of my cards. For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs is giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on their website to 3 lucky winners. To be entered all you have to do is comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
Finished card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded
Inside of card
- Trim Soft Finish Cardstock white to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score in half to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded card.
- Diecut front of card with Fitted Circles at the right bottom corner to create a window (see photo for visual).
- While your card is folded place the Flower Power Clear Stamp in the position to want to stamp it so that it shows through the window. Once you find your position stamp inside the card with versamark then emboss with black embossing powder.
- Trim Soft Finish Cardstock black to 4" x 5 1/4" then a patterned paper 3 3/4" x 5". Adhere together with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape with the patterned paper on top. Place inside card and with a pencil outline the circle. Diecut with Fitted Circles. Set aside.
- On Vellum emboss in clear Flower Power Clear Stamp. Be careful to not over heat the Vellum. Color using any alcohol markers. Diecut with a larger circle. Trim Soft Finish Cardstock white to 4" x 5 1/4" and once again trace the outline of the circle window. Diecut with Fitted Circles. Adhere the vellum inside the card on top of the window but be sure to align so that the clear vellum will overlap the stamped embossed black. Now adhere the white cardstock inside the card to hide the excess vellum. (see photo below for visual).
- Adhere the patterned paper to the front of the card making sure to align the circle.
- Diecut Soft Finish Cardstock white with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on top with the circle size you have been using with the next size larger. Use masking tape to position and hold the two Fitted Circles dies together. You now have a border circle.
- Remove the backing from the Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and pour Silk Microfine Glitter Bright Cranberry. Remove the extra. With your finger tip in a gentle circular motion work the glitter so that it absorbs on the Clear Double Sided Tape and the glitter shines. Adhere over the window creating a glitter circle border.
- Stamp a sentiment with Bee Sentiments Clear Stamp. Diecut on the right the larger Fitted Circles die you used to create your circle border so that your sentiment will follow the circle. (see photo for visual).
- Diecut sentiment with Stitched Fishtail Banners so that the banner end is on the left side. Adhere to card aligning with the circle.
- Diecut Soft Finish Cardstock white with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on top with Leafy Branch 4. Remove the backing from the Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and pour Silk Microfine Glitter Spring Peridot. Remove excess and in a circular motion with your finger tip rub the glitter to create a shine. Adhere to card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make a window card which shows color on the front and when you open it the flower is black outline. Thanks for stopping by. Make sure you leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog for a chance to win a $20 Gift Card.